Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Friday, April 23, 2010
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Monday, April 19, 2010
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Friday, April 16, 2010
- There are five different kinds of sweetener in your kitchen and ya can't pronounce most of them
- Your family/coworkers make fun of your eating, but still love trying the low-carb recipes brought
- You end up talking about your Atkins diet way way more often than you ever intend due to questions
- You do net carb calculations in the grocery store or in your head at a restaurant
- You always ask for your salad with no croutons, but end up getting them on it anyway
- You get addicted to shopping because you had to replace your *entire* wardrobe
- You constantly have over-weight people telling you how un-healthy and in-effective your eating habits are
- You chuckle to think that a donut or bagel have the amount of carbs in them that you typically have all week long
- Everything with sugar added to it tastes unnaturally sweet, and fruit tastes amazingly sugary
- You have bags of nut flour in your cupboards
- You haven't driven thru a fast-food drive-thru in 2 years
- You were wide awake and ready to do something after Thanksgiving's normally sleepifying meal
- You go to a reception and ignore the cakes, cookies and brownies
- You spend twice as long food shopping because you actually inspect the nutrition labels on EVERYTHING
- You ask the guy at GNC about low-carb protein powder, and end up teaching him about his products
- If you forget to eat and think to yourself "oops"
- Caffeine does not have the same effect on you that it used to.
- You can eat a dozen chicken wings with homemade blue cheese sauce or a Whopper with no bun... and still lose weight.
- Mouthwash goes FAST in your house
- You don't even lick your fingers when a little batter from baking ends up on them
- It takes more time to make a salad than to eat it.
- New clothes are a necessity...not a treat
- The chocolate easter bunny you got this year is still in the fridge
- You have every imaginable nut in your pantry, but no bread.
- Your counter is lined with sugar-free flavored syrups.
- You never touch your own home's always-full candy dish
- You boil and mash cauliflower and think nothing of pretending it's mashed potatoes
- People claim you have incredible willpower, even if you don't agree
- Having the same food day-in and day-out is a sense of stability and strength, rather than a punishment/diet
- You have absolutely nothing to offer (as a snack) to your vegetarian best friend.
Posted by Luke at 4:26 PM
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Posted by Luke at 7:21 PM
Monday, April 12, 2010
Gabe routinely takes shots of a wide variety of people doing their thing... in their lives.. in poses and whatnot. He's working on a portfolio and had asked me in July if I'd be interested. Well, we were supposed to do something in November.. and it just didn't work out.. but I promised him I'd do it.. ever so briefly.. this time around. So here are a couple modest shots... he's got some editing and printing to do.. but I look forward to seeing a finished shot or two... (don't judge!) We spent about 90 minutes taking photos.. so I imagine there are hundreds more.
Unedited Photos by G. Garcia.
Posted by Luke at 8:14 PM
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Gabe and I visited Seneca Falls for the day... Women's Hall of Fame.. and the sights and sounds of "Bedford Falls" from "It's A Wonderful Life." We even had a great lunch at my favorite Italian Restaurant.. Ciccino's! Explored a local park.. lake... walked through a couple museums.. stopped by and saw my Aunt Deb.. and even the mall for a few minutes! Gabe humored my shopping needs... gracefully. :-P
Posted by Luke at 1:06 PM