So it's been awhile since I've had a real post, huh? I've just fallen into the habit of sending in a picture from my phone with some brief text. Well, I've found another way for me to be obsessive about my voyeurism. I've signed up for a Twitter account. It allows me to send short snippets from my phone, IM or website that answers the question "What are you doing?" It's a neat idea and I think is going to make an impact on the web over the next couple years as much as blogging has. You can see what I'm doing at the top right of the blog, now. *points*
What have I been up to?
1. Well, my brother finally asked me to be in his wedding. First he called and said he didn't and why. He had an explanation about how it would be more convenient for me to sit with the family and whatever. I didn't really care either way, but I know my sisters do. But then he asked me a couple hours later. So I need to get fitted for a tux tomorrow some time in Buffalo. Blah.
2. But that leads me to my next point. I've been doing the Atkins diet for a month, this coming Monday. I woke up about 4 weeks ago and said to myself it was time to try it. So much recent research has shown it is a safe, easy and successful way to drop a few pounds. So I have, and I've lost 20lbs in these last 4 weeks. I'm hoping to lose a little more before the wedding, but things seem to be slowing down. Doesn't help that I've been so busy that working out in the morning is like trying to wake up a rock.
3. Game night has been a lot of fun these last couple of weeks. I've been going even without Jake (shock!) because he's been really busy. But everyone is a lot of fun, and we've been playing a couple neat games (as evident by the pictures). Unfortunately, I keep pissing off Adam whom loses so horribly against me in the pirate game. But we play about 5 games in 2-3 groups every Thursday and it's always an adventure. Sometimes I win, sometimes I don't.
4. I gave a rockin demonstration at work to some higher ups that absolutely loved my presentation. This is a culmination of 3 years worth of work, but after successfully demoing it, it now spurs off another heavy 4 months of work for our entire office! Whoops! But it'll be great, and I think it couldn't have come at a better time than right before performance evaluations!
5. Having no braces has been a pleasure. I'm chewing gum! and I love it. Combined with all this protein I now have to eat on Atkins, it's been a new chewing and eating experience for sure. My mouth still hurts at times, but my teeth look great and I'm very happy I went through the process. My retainers suck, but hopefully I can cut back to wearing them only at night in the coming weeks.
6. My two classes this quarter are awesome. Not only do I get to learn from a multi-millionaire, but this guy also owns some 75 restaurants in the Rochester area and is currently fighting to takeover the Friendly's Corporation. I'm learning a lot and can't even blink for a moment for fear of missing something incredibly insightful, interesting and fascinating from this guy. Ehh, the other class... it's like a repeat of another class... not challenging and sorta boring. In fact, that's why I cut it the other night to watch Grindhouse! (which was awesome)
I suppose that's enough of an update for now. Gonna try to get back into regularly updating the blog with posts and maybe updating Twitter through my cell phone more often. Have a great week, and feel free to sign up to Twitter and be my friend! It's pretty nifty.
Photo by Jayel Aheram.