I am still struggling with this stomach bug. The noises my stomach is making is pissing me off. I squarely put the blame on Jake and his vegan-friendly party and all the germs his coworkers brought in.
I have been extremely busy workwise since Monday morning. Never a moment to sit back, read a couple blogs, catch up on the news and take a breather. But a couple of us did manage to sneak off for a quick lunch yesterday, and a couple coworkers brought in pizza for today. The holiday eating never ends. Another coworker has brought in a tray of holiday cookies every day this week. Luckily, I'm too ill to eat very much without feeling it all over.
I successfully got all my greeting cards and packages mailed to folks last week, and I stopped by and got some lottery tickets for a couple coworkers. A little holiday cheer never hurt anyone. The clerk at the gas station kept trying to convince me that I should purchase the "lucky last ticket" on the roll. Erm, no, luck or no luck, I won't win anything. I guess I just take a pragmatic approach to life.
I totally screwed up an engagement I had last night. Alison and I were to go see "King Kong" after she got out of work, my gift to her for Hanukkah. However, things got jostled and my guest that was over didn't leave until 8:30. By the time I got ahold of her, she was too angry to talk. Sigh, hopefully she'll forgive me. I bought copious amount of "Coke Zero" that she likes. I can lure her to my place. Wait, that sounds malicious.
I got my scores for my two courses for my grad classes. I did OK, not as well as I could have, but like several people have told me, I have a lot of my plate, and going to school and working full time is a huge commitment. Don't I know it.
(insert native american woot here) - 100 things to know, 5 a day
71. For the first 15 years of my life, I didn't like the taste of chocolate. Shocking, I know, but it was revolting to me. They say your body can go through cycles where its allergic to something or enjoys the taste of a food, and then you change and the opposite is true. I guess I hit the end of my chocolate-hate, as I like it now. But my favorite cake is still flavored strawberry.
72. I own a 2003 Honda Civic. Want it? I'm bored with it now.
73. My favorite pizza toppings are pineapple and green peppers. Flat crust, New York Style, any time, anywhere. ;)
74. I had an imaginary friend as a child, a full grown male lion. It didn't talk or anything, but I guess I just really wanted a friend when I was 4. (insert audience awwwww here) I guess a man-eating beast was my first choice.
75. Caffeine has no effect on me. I routinely drink soda (never coffee), even right before going to sleep, and I fall asleep within minutes. My roommate in college used to joke that I was out cold before he could download even one piece of porn. I guess I was lucky in that regard, because I'm really glad I was asleep for that.